The skin around the eyes is very thin as compared to other parts of the body, and extremely delicate. Any changes happening in the deeper layers of the skin will be easily visible on the surface. Dark circles are a common problem with both genders and all age groups typically above 16 years.
- Allergy to products, like ingredients of make-up, hair dyes, some medicated applications like eye drops, and facial creams.
- Repeated rubbing and scratching the delicate skin around the eyes can eventually lead to a brown discoloration around the eye.
- In a certain subset of people, the problem of undereye bags and pigmentation around the eyes runs in the family. They get worse with sun exposure.
- Improper sleep exacerbates the problem.
- Stress (physical or mental) is a major killer of healthy glowing skin. Stress can be a major factor that contributes to your eyes looking tired.
- Iron deficiency can also lead to pigmentation around the eyes.
- Smoking increases free radicals in the skin resulting in puffy eyes.
Dark Circles Treatment Options
dark circles treatment varies from one patient to another depending on their anatomy.
Some options are LASERs like Restylane filler, injectable fillers, Medlite C6, Photona, Yellow LASER and peels that help in lightening darks circles.